An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
A powerful set of actions for Photoshop whose primary function is to allow a user to make automatic precise selections (based on light/dark sections or ”luminosities”) so that these selected parts of the photo can be edited as the user so wishes.
This is designed to be used in conjunction with layer masks allowing a user to create natural looking HDR images, apply controlled dodge and burn effects, make powerful adjustments to specific parts of the image and in general to avoid the use of gradients/manually painting or manually making selections when blending layers together.
The toolkit also includes actions to create an Autumn Colours layer, an Orton Effect Layer and a Dodge and Burn layer where a user can apply the effects of these layers by masking it against the original layer and by controlling opacity.
More info / videos about using this toolkit can be found here:
My Flickr photo portfolio where I have used these actions can be found here:
There are no reviews currently available.
File will be available from Downloads folder on C drive. Just load .ATN file in as a Photoshop / Elements action.
Works with all versions Photoshop Elements 13+ / Photoshop CS6+
1) Run the ”View all Selections” Action - this will split an image into light / dark sections as layers
2) View and choose the light/dark layer you want to work with (White is selected / Black is not selected)
3) Run the ”Select [layer]” action where [layer] is the layer chose eg. Darks 1, Lights 4 or press control (pc)/command (mac) and click on the layer mask
4) Apply layer masking as you so desire to these selected areas
- Use with Photoshop Elements requires the user to firstly convert the image 8 bit prior to use.
- For Autumn Colours, an Orton Effect, and a Dodge and Burn layer action, layer to be applied to must first be selected.