An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.
- erase areas of content from a PDF document
- define an area then select whether you want to remove content inside or outside that defined area, and the content is removed.
- clean up scans by clearing back to the media color.
- save defined areas so that it can be run again in the future.
- hide partial areas of images without having to remove the whole image
There are no reviews currently available.
The product menu item 'Maskit' can be found under the Acrobat Plug-ins/Mapsoft menu.
To create a mask
1. Open a PDF file that you wish to mask.
2. Select the Advanced editing toolbar (Acrobat 9 and previous versions) or show the Advanced Editing Tab in Tools.
3. Select the MaskIt icon.
4. Drag out the tool with the mouse with the left mouse button pressed to outline an area that you wish to mask. Deselect the left mouse button.
5. Set the required options in the dialog box that is shown.
6. Select the 'Mask' button to set the mask in the PDF file.
The installer file can be found in your Downloads folder.
Please make sure that you have the full version of Acrobat running or at least a demo version. This plug-in will not run under the free Adobe Reader. The plug-in becomes part of Adobe Acrobat so once the software is installed you will need to open Adobe Acrobat to use it.
To install the software:
1. Extract the installer from the zip file that you have downloaded. In Windows 7/8 you probably won't have to extract the installer as the zip file will open just like a folder.
Run the Mapsoft_Maskit_Install.exe file by double clicking on it with the mouse.
3. Run through the screens agreeing to the license agreement, and entering your serial number. If you don't have a serial number and just want to use the demo version of the software then just type the word ”Demo” (without the quotes) into the serial number field.
4. When installing, please ensure that you select a writable folder as the configuration file location in Windows Vista and Windows 7/8 . This will be shared between all Mapsoft Acrobat Plug-ins that you install now and in the future. Please talk to your IT department if you are unsure about this.